Care Worker - Job Vacancy
(Community guaranteed contracted hours - Overtime available)
We looking for a person interested in working in Buxton, Tideswell, Elkstones, Longnor
Nested Support is a Home Care Agency based in Buxton. We provide a high quality of support, care and physiotherapy to individuals within their homes around Derbyshire. We recognise that to deliver an excellent care service, we need to recruit the right candidate. We are looking for someone who can show commitment, compassion as well as sharing our values. If you feel you are that candidate, then please apply the closing date for this position is 31/03/2020; however, if a suitable candidate is found to fill the post, we will close the advert before the closing date.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- To provide a high-quality service which will involve the provision of personal, social and domestic care to support individuals to achieve desired outcomes as documented in their care plan
- Supporting and assisting with all personal care requirements in a person-centred way
- Provide companionship and supportive listening
- Prompting and administering medication as prescribed by a qualified medical practitioner as detailed in the care plan while promoting independence and treating the individual with dignity and respect.
- Accompanying and transporting individual to appointment and / or social event
- Preparing meals / shopping
- To carry out chosen activity, whether inside or outside their home, by carrying out any other request which they may reasonably make
- Record visits, incidents accessing their care plan using Nested Support online system
- To demonstrate a person-centred approach to care and always promote independence and dignity.
- To ensure individuals receive an excellent standard of care and fully delivery of all tasks in their care plan.
Would you like to work with a company that supports your career development?
We recognise the individual uniqueness of our staff and promote an open and honest environment where you will have a voice and most importantly listened too and valued
- £10 per hour
- Enhanced hourly rate paid on Bank Holidays
- 28 days paid holidays per annual – pro-rata
- You will be paid for an in-depth induction
- Regular training on specific health condition provided by our own GP
- You will be Paid mileage 35 pence per mile plus travel time at national minimum wage
- 2 free uniforms with a Waterproof Jacket
- Work mobile phone available
- No cost for DBS
- Career progression
- Promotion prospect available to suited candidate
- QCF level 2 or 3 in Health and Social care
- Excellent communication Skills
- Be flexible and able to work alternative weekends
- Have a current UK driving licence and have a vehicle available and insured for work purposes. (Car must be able to accommodate a wheelchair)
- Be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check